A Rare Glimpse

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I started my day feeling a little blah...but only because I think I'm coming down with a cold, in the middle of June!! Yeesh. I felt under-the-weather last night and had the beginnings of a sore throat. So this morning, I just felt like sleeping in. But I guess on this day of all days (it's my birthday, after all), I deserve to sleep in. :P I was going to go in for work, but decided I needed the rest.

I took it easy in bed, then had a late lunch before I headed out to run some errands when I was feeling I had some energy. I then tutored my 2nd grade student before heading out to a Greek restaurant downtown to have a birthday dinner celebration. It was fun, and I was wishing certain people were here, but at least I got to spend it with some of my favourite girlfriends here. Greek food is fabulous! I should have ordered some of that flaming cheese dish...they literally set it on fire (flambe) in front of you!

I had the moussaka, a Greek-style lasagna (without the pasta) made with eggplant, sour cream/cream cheese, ground beef and some other things I've forgotten, in layers. It came with a side of rice, potatoes, and a Greek salad. Delicious. For dessert, I had to try the baklava...SO good. Phyllo pastry & roasted pistachios (I think) in layers, drenched in a sweet, sticky syrup. Just heaven!

My day ended on a great note: turned 26 with great food and great girlfriends!